Tom

I've been using the Edsets for most of the summer now. I admit though, my riding is way down this year. Just too much going on.

I still say though that they are the best headsets I've ever used. I've used the best J&Ms and the best from AirRider and with both of those, I still listened to the stereo through the external speakers because the sound from the headsets just wasn't very good.

With the Edsets, I've found that I finally prefer the headsets to the external speakers. My only problem now is that I haven't yet bought a set for my wife. She is still using the AirRiders so when she is with me, I still have to use the external speakers because she doesn't like the sound through her headsets.

If you are just looking for something for communication then anything will be fine. Even the cheaper J&M units are plenty adequate for communications.

I am using a Nolan bluetooth headset in my helmet. I just recently installed it and use it for my phone. Don´t have a radio on my bike yet but will add it this winter. It is excellent as a phone headset and is loud and clear without any sqeeking and the caller hears me loud and clear even though I am doing 60 miles per hour. Will hook it up to my sons IPod tomorrow and check how it works and let you guys now. But maybe you guys are familiar with this and already know!?!?!?!

I am using a Nolan bluetooth headset in my helmet. I just recently installed it and use it for my phone. Don´t have a radio on my bike yet but will add it this winter. It is excellent as a phone headset and is loud and clear without any sqeeking and the caller hears me loud and clear even though I am doing 60 miles per hour. Will hook it up to my sons IPod tomorrow and check how it works and let you guys now. But maybe you guys are familiar with this and already know!?!?!?!

I';m glad this question came up as we have just purchased new Nolan helmets ourselves, and I was wondering about the sound quality as well compared to the J&M's...

After listening to their demo on their site, there sure seems to be a tremendous difference in the sound quality between the Edsets and J & M's which I have - and as soon as I can swing it, plan on switching over to the Edsets. I know the music sounded 200% better, when people communicate - is that clearer and/or crisper as well?

I have a nolan modular / flip-face helmet that I love. Just this last week I purchased an edset for it. I should get it Monday or Tuesday and I'll install it. I'll post on the install and results. Up until now I have 'mod-ed' a stereo headset into the helmet and just ran the cable to a small mp3 player on the side of the helmet. They are 4 yr old target speakers and they worked ok. I'm very excited to see how the edsets sound, especially at volume.

...Although, this is all assuming my connector/stereo/cb/intercom works like it's supposed to. Only had the bike for a week and haven't had a way to test headset part... fingers crossed!

:whistling: