IGNORED

Victory Vision first ride

bryan52577

ROFL... the folks at those 2 shops had you pegged as a "tire kicker" before you walked thru their doors!

:rotf:

That's another reason they're not doing well. Preconcieved ideas. It doesn't take long to ask, and I bet they never heard of impulse buying either.... I'd still give 'm the boot.... In the current economic climate there's an old saying that rings true, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". Around here the unemployed is 7%+, but that means there are 93% of the people that still are working... Some of them even have a few bucks to spend..... :)

i still think it's uglier than a warthog!

nope!

don't want one!

lol

just jt

Well, after watching those vids for an hour and a half, the appearance starts growing on ya... and from all accounts, it appears to be a very impressive ride. Now, I'm not saying I "like" the looks of it....

That's another reason they're not doing well. Preconcieved ideas. It doesn't take long to ask, and I bet they never heard of impulse buying either.... I'd still give 'm the boot.... In the current economic climate there's an old saying that rings true, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". Around here the unemployed is 7%+, but that means there are 93% of the people that still are working... Some of them even have a few bucks to spend..... :)

Mebbe nobody is employed at those shops! :rotf:

Well, to a degree, I agree with you but one thing that bugs me when I'm "tire kickin" and that's some overly aggressive sales person tryin to fiddle with my "impulse buttons" LOL

Having said that, last weekend I visited the Harley shop and the folks there were real nice...they have lots of staff, they don't "bug" ya...are very friendly and approachable and they all seemed to really like being there. I honestly can't say I've had anywhere close to as good of an experience at any other bike shop.

I did a test ride on a Vision a few months ago and I could live with it except for the dang noisy tranny. I remember the engine had some noise too that I didn't like... for a tourer, that is. The brake pedal was a bit forward more than I'm used to; may be a good thing.

I rode a Triumph Rocket lll that day, too. They must have used the same tranny. LoL If it had a smoother shifting tranny and they actually made a tourer (fairing, trunk, etc) I would like that one a lot. Very easy to ride and... hmmm Civilized, would be the word, I guess. Until you twist the throttle. Then it Hulks out!

Here's what I would like to see on the 2010 Venture: (In addition to the FI and new audio)

1800 *slightly* detuned V-Max engine.

Redesigned dash w/ more info (water temp, volt meter,tach) and easier to read. Round gauges.

Wider rear tire. Maybe a 200.

Lower seat height.

By Motorcycle.Com Staff, Jul. 15, 2008

Victory sales fall in second quarter.

Overall Polaris sales up 21%.

Polaris Industries Inc. of Median, Minn. reported record sales for the second quarter of 2008, despite a decline in sales of Victory Motorcycles.

Polaris sales for the second quarter of 2008 totaled $455.7 million, an increase of 21% over last year’s second quarter sales of $376.9 million.

“Our operating results this quarter are very strong especially given the very challenging macroeconomic environment,” says Tom Tiller, chief executive officer of Polaris Industries Inc. “Sales for the full year 2008 are now expected to grow in the range of nine to eleven percent over full year 2007 sales of $1.78 billion.”

Much of Polaris’ growth has been attributed to the performance of its side-by-side vehicles, international operations and parts, garments and accessories businesses. Second quarter ATV sales of $350.3 million (up from $282.1 million in 2007) led the way and helped offset the slower sales of Victory motorcycles.

Polaris Industries says a weak heavyweight cruiser and touring market accounted for a decline in Victory motorcycle sales.

Victory motorcycle sales decreased 19% during the 2008 second quarter. According to Polaris, the North American retail sales for heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycles remained weak. All told, Victory motorcycles had sales of $23.4 million in the quarter, compared to $29.0 million over the same period in 2007.

“Next week we will be unveiling our model year 2009 products at our annual dealer meeting,” says Tiller. “Innovation has always been a cornerstone of Polaris’ success and our new model year 2009 products will reflect the high standards that our customers have come to expect from Polaris. While we set the bar high in model year 2008 with our innovative new products including the Ranger RZR, Ranger Crew and Victory Vision, we similarly have high expectations for our new model year 2009 products. Despite a tough external environment that is not likely to improve in the near-term, we expect the momentum that we generated in the first half of 2008 to carry over into the second half of the year.”

http://www.ridingacrossusa.com/forum/Themes/classic/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

I've been a big fan or Arlen Ness since I was a kid and he never made a bike I didn't like... I think the Vision looks cool as hell... especially for a factory produced bike... I've included a few pics of this man's other bikes cuz it's obvious some of you have no idea of what cool is...

to each his own.. but you sure do like some ugly bikes.., did i mention>>>

lol:smile11:

I'm not fancy on the Vision as far as looks go, but I will admit that Victory is thinking outside the box, and thats good. I guess my biggest concern would be how hot does it get? I have seen them in person and I would have to believe that if you were stuck in traffic on a hot day that you would cook!

I have heard great things on the handling, and perhaps one day I will take one out for a ride. I have to say that I still have found no better fit for me than the RSV :confused24:

to each his own.. but you sure do like some ugly bikes.., did i mention>>>

lol:smile11:

To each his own is right... You ride a 1st Gen and you consider the Ness bikes to be ugly??? Sorry but I find that to be comical... As far as change goes... the yellow Nesstalgia Bike was built in the early 70s.... I saw it in an Easyriders Mag back in the day