IGNORED

Trikes = False sense of security (?)

papa smurf

The Hannigan trike kit is W I D E and much more stable. Don has only lifted a rear tire once, the very first time he rode it after it was triked. Like Jay, I have to hang on for dear life because the G force when cornering is beyond belief! I thank God (AND CARBON ONE) everyday for my armrests. Otherwise I would be flying off the side. I'm not saying Don drives crazy, he is very watchful and rides defensively...but he loves the speed...so I hang on.

I realize of course that there is always something that could happen..but I have never felt so safe as I do on this trike. I think the main thing is the driver, the experience that he / she has and how they react to situations. Does not matter if you are on 2, 3 or 4 wheels. It's how you react to the situation, KNOWING your bike and it's limitations.

Praying for her recovery.

Patti

Yay, thank you Patti...... see my comment also in post #20

First and foremost, I hope the injured parties are doing ok. Sounds like inexperiance on the bike. Second, that Voyager kit looks like a joke. That thing is hideous and looks ridiculous. Hannigan or a Tri-wing. I know I rode with Larry last year on a fall color ride and I could not keep up with him. Looked pretty darn stable to me. In fact, when I find a Venture trike at the right price, it's coming home with me.

Guest tx2sturgis
The problem, I'm sorry to say is that trikes with one front and two rear wheel configuration are just not stable when cornering. This is not an opinion, it's physics.

This is true to an extent, and it depends on what kind of trike we are talking about. Of course the Voyager kits are not true trikes, and not very stable, so they can be a handful for even an experienced rider. A 2-wheel-to-3-wheel trike conversion will also have some issues with stability and cornering, but an experienced trike pilot can actually ride a well-engineered trike faster thru a given corner than someone on a 2 wheel bike can.

But condemning ALL trikes as 'just not stable' is ignoring the low-slung, rear (or mid) engine, 'automotive trikes'...such as the Roadhawks and my personal fav, the Frogman Rocket II trike. A list of descriptive terms for this trike would probably not include the word 'unstable'....

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by tx2sturgis