IGNORED

High Output Stator......

1BigDog

Lone Eagle,

I had the signal dynamics voltmeter on my RSTD until Eureka Springs when it went south. It had operated within spec, giving me a green light with the running lights on. Then at Eureka Springs it started going out. I thought at first it was my charging system, but when I got home that checked out. I hooked up a good digital voltmeter and it said I had 13.6 volts at 2000 RPM and 13.8 volts at 3000 RPM.

all the while the Signal dynamics meter told me I was at 10 volts or less. A few days later the Signal Dynamics meter quit altogether. I checked the connections on the Signal Dynamics meter and they checked out OK. I just took the meter off the bike. I was looking at the Kisan Charge guard as a replacement. Maybe for Christmas. I like that freeze warning (like it ever freezes in Texas).

Edited by Stoutman

Lone Eagle,

I had the signal dymanmics voltmeter on my RSTD until Eureka Springs when it went south. It had operated within spec, giving me a green light with the running lights on. Then at Eureka Springs it started going out. I thought at first it was my charging system, but when I got home that checked out. I hooked up a good digital voltmeter and it said I had 13.6 volts at 2000 RPM and 13.8 volts at 3000 RPM.

all the while the Signal dynamics meter told me I was at 10 volts or less. A few days later the Signal Dynamics meter quit altogether. I checked the connections on the Signal Dynamics meter and they checked out OK. I just took the meter off the bike. I was looking at the Kisan Charge guard as a replacement. Maybe for Christmas. I like that freeze warning (like it ever freezes in Texas).

You mean I did all that work for nothing???:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Actually, im finding the Signal Dynamics LED light a bit too touchy for my tastes. I like the way the Kisan works, especially the number readout. That Kisan sure is pricey, though.....