IGNORED

Ike found us

Freebird

I guess what is remaining of Ike blew through NE Ohio last night. We had winds exceeding 50 MPH and lots of trees down in the area. Our power went off around 7:00 PM and is still off now. I drove into town to get a WIFI connection and check my email. Hopefully things will be on again soon.

No real damage at our house...well...except that Eileen's gazebo is pretty much trashed. :(

Don,

Glad to hear you guys are OK. I was watching the game last night on TV and it looked like IKE was still determined to cause problems. I rebuilt my fence yesterday and gotta get some limbs cut up and hauled away today so we are getting back to normal.

If there is anything we can do let us know.

Mavrick

We got it pretty bad here in Louisville/So. Indiana. I was at work at the airport when it cam through. News reported the peak winds in Louisville at 75mph. LMAO! Our wind instruments in the control tower hit 81+ kts which is 92 mph.

I am back at work now. My house and 1/2 of my county in So. Indiana is without power and from seeing the damage, probably will be for a few days. Glad I have the self-contained 5th wheel. And we were VERY lucky. My house had no damage, but most around us lost shingles and siding.

This is worse than I personally experienced living in Okla for 12 year.

I guess what is remaining of Ike blew through NE Ohio last night. We had winds exceeding 50 MPH and lots of trees down in the area. Our power went off around 7:00 PM and is still off now. I drove into town to get a WIFI connection and check my email. Hopefully things will be on again soon.

No real damage at our house...well...except that Eileen's gazebo is pretty much trashed. :(

My girlfriend and I were riding through that yesterday on our way back from Indy. Nothing like windows blowing you from one side of the interstate to the other. The rain I could handle, the wind beat me to death. I slept for a little over 12 hours last night I was so exhausted.

My girlfriend and I were riding through that yesterday on our way back from Indy. Nothing like windows blowing you from one side of the interstate to the other. The rain I could handle, the wind beat me to death. I slept for a little over 12 hours last night I was so exhausted.
I was on my way home from Indy in my car yesterday and was glad I wasn't on my bike. I don't know how you kept it in your lane!! Glad to see you made it through okay. Our hometown in N.E. Arkansas took a beating with lots of trees blown over, shingle ripped off, and sheds blown down. I just lost a few large limbs and several small one so we faired okay.

Best off living in Brantford, we had a good breeze, some wet stuff, but not really anything to measure, and the power is still on. Gets cloudy sometimes and then we worry, occasionally the rain starts and the drive-way gets wet and then we head for cover, when it snows,,,,,,can't really say what we do,,,,,,,can't remember.

I don't know how you kept it in your lane!!
Once I got a good feel for the bike in the wind (my first high wind experience on this bike) it was just a matter of riding close to the shoulder line, and "pre-leaning" into the wind when getting ready to clear some trees or ridge. I did a 7 hour straight ride in the rain once from Ohio home, and it was nothing compared to the hour and 45 I spent fighting that wind yesterday. I had such a headache when I got home... either from the constant buffeting, or the tension, I'm not sure which.

Hey boss, I seem to recall seeing a generator in your back yard big enough to power a small town. When you go'n to get that baby wired up to the house?:mo money:

Yea, I could do that. It would almost power the entire house but WOW...the propane it would go through.

Don, it didn't look like my message got through but just remember most babys are born 9 months after a power outage!!!!

KENW :banana::banana::banana::doh:

NO NO NO......Can't happen......I think I would just run away.

Yep...this is strike two on the Gazebo. Not in the pond this time. I had it anchored down very well. Just pretty much destroyed the light gauge aluminum frame.

Yes, Ike hit Cincinnati too. We have never been through something like this before. No damage to the house, but we have had not had power for 24 hours, and we lost several big trees. Spent the day hauling limbs and logs. I am exhausted. I did not have work today or tomorrow due to the fact many homes and businesses are still without power.

The winds here were up to 70mph. Many have roof damage too.

I certainly am not complaining, when I think of the poor people down in Texas. God bless them.

Yama Mama

Jeeze. It totally missed us. You could see it on the east side of town. That day it hit 100 in S.A.

Try not to get the lawn mower stuck..

Buddy rich, the day after ike MISSED us, we broke a record high, for the day, at 100*

two days later, and we are expecting to break the record for a LOW temp tonight!

go figure!

and people wonder why they stay sick with "summer colds and sinus problems".

just jt:icon_smile_question

Yep, Ike got us too. The edge - call it the southwest edge - of the eye of the storm just caught our house and neighborhood in SW Houston. My wife who is an RN was 'called up' and stationed at the hospital where she works - and I am a missionary pilot student on site here in Springdale, AR...so neither of us were in the house during the worst of the hurricane.... but my son and daughter and son-in-law and two grandkids and dog and cats all live there and they rode out the storm in my house. They all huddled downstairs in the room with the least windows because the wind was too loud to feel safe upstairs. They broke out the candles when they lost power about 1AM but got it back around 10AM. Neighbors most all had roof damage, trees down, fences totally gone and other problems. God kept His promise to me and protected us - no damage, no tree issues, no flooding issues and no fence issues - while all around us had damage. And our good fortune allowed the kids to make and take warm food over to the church on Sunday where people had gathered who had had nothing to eat for two days. Praise the Lord for He is good.

I am headed home on the bike this coming Friday - usually an 11-12 hour straight ride.

Anyone aware of the travel conditions north/south from Houston? I am headed south on 71 to Texarkana and picking up 59 south into and thru Houston --- which usually runs me past the areas of the city that I hear were hit the hardest. I hear power is still spotty which affects gas station pumps.

Comments are welcome!