IGNORED

Well I did it.....NEW BIKE!!

Freebird

And the winner is.....CINDERELLA. :)

My wife has been wanting to start bike riding for some time now. Don't know if I'll really get into it or not but decided to give it a try. When the guy asked me what I was looking for in a bike, I told him that I really needed something that would look OK hanging in the garage.

Took it on ONE short ride down the street and my legs were already hurting.

FREEBIRD! YOU AIN"T RIGHT BRO!!!!

You had me drooling over a new Yami Venture, MAN!!!:240:

Listen closely, can you hear him in the garage going vroooom, vroooom, vroooom. :rotfl::rotfl:AT least he got the color he wanted. We could send him a deck of cards also.:rotf::rotf:

Then the cards will get wet, when he puts this into the pond, trying to do laps around it

:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:.

2nd Gen wasn't slow enough?? I know a little of how you feel. I decided last night this leg isn't a good enough excuse anymore and got on my Treadmill. And got off. Whew!! I did better than this when leg was still broke!! See if you can get to 10 miles before I do... I didn't say that.

Does this mean that you will be starting a giantcypressrider.org website? If you build it, they will come...

hmmmm.....hadn't thought about that.

by the way, i noticed that your original post was at 5:02 and you were done riding by 5:35. that wasn't much of a "ride"

Trust me...it felt MUCH longer than that. :(

What brand of bike is that Don? A Giant?

Yes, it's a Giant. The model is Cypress DX. I am certainly no expert on bicycles but I did enough research that I THINK it is OK. It's better than a Walmart type bike but really an entry level premium type bike. Disc brakes, 24 speed, front suspension and seat post suspension. 700 size wheels/tires. I had a hard time finding it because I wanted an '08 model because the '09 models went up about $40.00 AND deleted the disc brakes to save more money. Finally found an '08 model at a small bike shop in Ashland, OH. They call it a "Hybrid". Sort of a cross between a road bike and a mountain bike. Best suited for pavement and bike paths.

2nd Gen wasn't slow enough?? I know a little of how you feel. I decided last night this leg isn't a good enough excuse anymore and got on my Treadmill. And got off. Whew!! I did better than this when leg was still broke!! See if you can get to 10 miles before I do... I didn't say that.

After my initial ride, I am almost ready to declare you the winner already. :)

And the winner is.....CINDERELLA. :)

My wife has been wanting to start bike riding for some time now. Don't know if I'll really get into it or not but decided to give it a try. When the guy asked me what I was looking for in a bike, I told him that I really needed something that would look OK hanging in the garage.

Took it on ONE short ride down the street and my legs were already hurting.

me thinks ive just been around here way too long.....im beginning to understand how tweetybirds brain works........I knew immediately he was bluffin and his wording was careful :no-no-no:...(either that or "great minds think alike" :stirthepot: :rotf:)

sounds like maybe it was a good idea to get one "that looks good hanging in the garage"

:stirthepot::stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'll give it a month before the "Pond Monster" will be riding it !

BEER30

If it's not already hanging on the wall collecting dust.:stirthepot:

Let's see here. It's early Sept now and with only a matter of weeks he can park it for the winter. Wonder if it'll make it that long or if it touches the floor come spring? Anyone up for waggers?

Larry

One of my neighbors, George "Dub" Barnett passed away on Friday, September 5th at 94 years old. The first day I met him in 1996 he was riding an old Schwinn. I saw him riding that thing every day, rain or shine. About three years ago he told me he was going to buy a new bike but couldn't decide what to buy. His old one was completely worn out. We sat down and figured out he had over 250,000 miles on it. He said that riding that bike was what kept him alive. He started riding after his heart attack at the age of 44.

He had to stop riding last year after a mini stroke left him unable to completely control the bike. He still drove his car to the local Brahms restaurant everyday for breakfast. They have named a table after him. Before you let your mind wander to thoughts of being wimpy for riding a bike let me tell you that Dub was a genuine tough guy, WWII vet and POW. He was one of the survivors of the Batan death march in Japan. There were no big bad bikers tougher than that old man.

So Mr. Freebird, get on that bike and ride. You might just live to be 94 years old.