IGNORED

Would you buy a Wagner Grill if they were available? (2nd Gen)

XV1100SE

If Wagner Grills were available, would you :  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If Wagner Grills were available, would you :

• Want one in black
    • Want a colour matching one
    • Have one or don't want one

I have had them on previous bikes, really nice and tough. I have one in the shed now with a rivco center stand and a few other goodies waiting for me to put them on the current ride. It is ok to harvest a few accessories when you sell a bike. Yes it is worth getting another one, if I had the need.

Bill

I guess the biggest question is. Does Mrs. Wagner still have all the molds, etc and is she still willing to sell and how much.

It could be a fun side hobby but a tough one for sure, specifically finding all the different paint codes and buying the paint to match. Going with either a primer or black would be the easiest. I am glad I have one on my ride for sure.

If I didn't already have one for each of my 2ndGens, you bet I would. When I first got the '07 that was the first thing I did, and I think I picked up the last one Steve had. It came in primer, but I would have much preferred some type of color. My '99 has one in silver. All black would be OK for the '07. That said I can see why Steve stopped supplying them in matching colors. It's a lot of extra work. I still haven't painted '07's. :whistling:

Edited by Condor

Just to clarify.... I am not looking into making the grills. Bert2006 asked about doing a poll to see how many would be interested in one so I posted this for him. I have received a pm from Ragtop69gs who indicated he spoke with Steve before his passing but they couldn't agree on a price.

If someone wanted to start making them then the forms/details are probably still available from Steve's wife.