IGNORED

This could be your next ATGATT

SilvrT

When I was in England I visited Tintagel, ( King Arthur) and they had suits of chain mail for sale. I thought that would be neat. Paint the helmet to resemble an old metal helmet and wear the chain mail. Problem was they had " one size fits all" which we all know does not fit most of us.

Definitely quite an outfit. Considering the amount of work involved, the price isn't bad. But in that outfit, the doubletakes could get someone killed.

As for chain mail, there are folks who can custom make the stuff. Back in the day, I had friends who were SCA members, the Society for Creative Anachronisms [sp?]. In 1985, one of those friends would go about on his 1200cc GW, in full chainmail, carrying a 6 ft doublehandled broadsword. The bike, aka "The Red Dragon" , was custom painted with a candy apple red base color and and I don't think I have to tell you what else was painted on it. It was quite an attraction all by itself. And with him on it??

When I was in England I visited Tintagel, ( King Arthur) and they had suits of chain mail for sale. I thought that would be neat. Paint the helmet to resemble an old metal helmet and wear the chain mail. Problem was they had " one size fits all" which we all know does not fit most of us.