IGNORED

Mr Clean Auto Dry System

dunvilsteev

I don't know if anyone else was a fan of this product,..... but the magic word there is "was". I have been having a hard time finding the refill soap, so I contacted P&G and just got back a letter stating they are discontinuing the product. So, if you use Mr Clean car wash system, run out quick and score all the soap and sponges you can, while they are on the shelf.

Wait till I tell the wife, she is always on me for "washing the bike again!", obviously I didnt do it enough.... if they're discontinuing the brand!! Dam, and that system worked SOOO well too!:mad:

I bought one of these two years ago and it was one of the few things that really worked. I saw a friend of mine that has a road king washing his bike with one and he mentioned how well it worked. I felt something was going on with the product because I couldn't find filter refills and then no soap refills. Typical american manufacturing. If it works and sells they discontinue the product.

There are a few guys who have caught on to this and are flogging the goods on ebay.

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=mr+clean+auto&_sacat=See-All-Categories

For me personally, the shipping brings it to $20 a bottle .... no way!! But maybe for y'all down south it is a better deal .... anyway, thought I'd post it.

I agree with the fact that the mr clean system works well, but it's just from the water filter system that keeps the water from spotting on your paint and chrome.

If you want the same results just buy the ionic water fiter system for your home or portable setup to put on your garden hose and buy any soap with sheeting properties. It works, and ya don't have to keep buying the high priced mr c stuff.

Mike

and ya don't have to keep buying the high priced mr c stuff.

Mike

I've been looking into this filtration systems, best price I could find was $180 for the unit (garden hose variety) and then $35 for the filters. You still have to replace filters.

They have a real nice one at Costco on wheels for $360. House systems cost thousands.

Mr Clean filter = $8 I usually get 15 to 20 bike washes out of a filter, about $.50 a wash. Soap must be bought no matter what you are using. But even given extra $$ for that, it would take me a long time to catch any sort of savings, if ever.

But, it does not matter, like I said, its discontinued.

Back to a chamois!!