IGNORED

iron butt ride

footsie

Is any one going to the Iron butt ride, starting in Newnan Ga on Sept 26, 09 at 0600.

Me and my brother and a friend are going to ride. Will be my first official Iron butt.

I've done over 800 miles in day but never a complete 1000 that I remember.

Here is a link to info on an Iron Butt ride this month.

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2009/SS1K/Newnan.html

Gregg

Edited by footsie
attempted to fix link

Hi Ted,

I'm thinking about it. I have so many options that weekend it's not funny. And to top it off my daughters birthday is that Sunday the 27th. I don't know if we can ride as a group or if we have to do it individually. It would be great if we did it we could do it as a group so we could chear each other on. PM me later in the week so I can think about it.

Harry:bang head:

Hi Ted,

I'm thinking about it. I have so many options that weekend it's not funny. And to top it off my daughters birthday is that Sunday the 27th. I don't know if we can ride as a group or if we have to do it individually. It would be great if we did it we could do it as a group so we could chear each other on. PM me later in the week so I can think about it.

Harry:bang head:

IBA does not preclude persons from riding as a group, but you have to maintain your own individual documents and receipts. Tell your daughter that the Saddle Sore was your gift to her :bighug: or heck invite her to ride as your co-pilot.

My step-daughter rode as mine and we had a ball. :banana:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xOOWRVc9-a4/Rp0s83GrDDI/AAAAAAAAADg/tQbVsNi2Wfg/s640/SSstart1024.jpg

Edited by Wanderer

The rules say groups of 2 to 4, but you need to let the coordinator know upon arrival so you can be staged together. We going to ride up friday get a room for the night to be ready to ride sat morning. arrive at 0500 last bike out at 0600.

Hope see yall there

Gregg

The rules say groups of 2 to 4, but you need to let the coordinator know upon arrival so you can be staged together. We going to ride up friday get a room for the night to be ready to ride sat morning. arrive at 0500 last bike out at 0600.

Hope see yall there

Gregg

That's my plan also. :dancefool:

Have fun, folks. It is a blast - did one alone couple of years ago - 1000+ in 18 hrs. I did not gauge the weather well and it was COLD. Nearly froze my pa-tootie off. Had 7 layers on and still froze. I was so amped when I got home I could have turned around and done the same thing over again - after I got warmed up!

I'm still up in the air. If I do the ride I would like to do the GA route but that adds two hours to the trip. Even though it adds two hours to the route it still might be more fun but traveling that late at night on GA roads could be an occasional deer to dodge and if it's raining then that's two more hours in the rain. If I go I'm thinking of the 4 state route.:confused24:

Well I guess I'm out. My Venture developed a oil leak. The rear head cover gasket developed a leak on the left side. I tightened all the bolts but it still leaked so I took the rear gasket off and I am waiting on the part. I called three places and none had one in stock. So I ordered it from the cheapest dealer and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I know I can't have it back together by the registration deadline and depending on when the part comes in I may or may not have it ready for the ride. Oh well:95:

You need to be registered by Sunday Sept 20, last day to reg.

THERE IS NO REG DAY OF THE RIDE.

Yall come on and go. So we will have a big showing od ventures

You can tell who has reg on the iron butt site.

Gregg

Edited by footsie

My wife and I are planning the 4-state ride. This will be our first!

At least you ain't riding that red one :cool10:, so you should have no trouble's. I'll be there if you want to get together. This will be my second Saddle Sore.

Ted

PS: you guys with the red one's may as well sit this one out. :rotfl: