IGNORED

0n the road again

saddlebum

Finally after being down for over a year I finally rolled the scoot out and took her for her first ride since she was wrecked in the accident last sumer when a guy run me of the road, and it felt GGGGGGRRREAT!!!! I was a little nervous at 1st not trusting any cage wthin 100 yards of me but it wasn't long and soon I felt right at home. I still have a few chrome pcs to put on but i have all winter for that. It was a little dishearting when I rolled out the scoot at the same time as my nieghbour rolled out his snow blower to get it ready for winter however, but I intend to make the most of the time we have left. I remembered the rule so here are the pics. i repaired all the fairings with plastex. the left one is actually made up of sections from my old one and part of a damaged used one welded together with plastex. then i sanded it all down and repainted everything. I must admit if one takes the time to look they will see the paint job is not perfect but since I am not a painter I cant complain. More importantly I am riding again

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Edited by saddlebum

Ben, you did a heck of a job!

really looks nice.

now all you have to do, is create a "force field", to keep cages away from you!

one can NEVER let their guard down, when riding!

just jt:happy34:

believe u me my gaurd was at 500% capacity today

GREAT News Bum!!! You will be chasing Ghosts for a while behind every tree, bush, rock, sign, building, car, truck, bridge, cloud,dog. Lets see did I leave anything out?? Feels great though don't it??? Don't rush things. Got out for my first long ride and frame broke. Not a good feeling. Thought I was jinxed!! Just about quit right there!!Limped it home scared to death. Had to think about it for a while. I'm just now getting to had short times when I ride like I used too. Been a long trip.. But me and "UGLY" are starting to have fun!!! I think getting out on that 750 helped more than anything. Something just wouldn't let me quit. The thought of getting on here and saying I quit kept me going at times. I couldn't face that. GREAT to have you back!!!

Looks good to me, i assume its a ridding bike not a show bike, so that makes it a beautiful job, especially if your happy with it.

From the pics its appears you did a very good job with the paint.

A good friend of mine says if anyone starts inspecting youe bike so close that they find your flaws, "tell them back off their fogging your chrome".

Freedom of the road for all.

Ride carefull

gregg:12101:

Very nice job you did on the scoot.

I can tell you from experience It will take some time for the

mental heal. I have hit 2 cars a pickup and a deer.

But riding is what I love and these are the risks we take.

Good luck to you and again JUST RIDE...............Ron :Venture:

A good friend of mine says if anyone starts inspecting youe bike so close that they find your flaws, "tell them back off their fogging your chrome".

Another friend also told me if anyone is looking that close they want to be buying it.( not for sale though. LOL

Very nice job you did on the scoot.

I can tell you from experience It will take some time for the

mental heal. I have hit 2 cars a pickup and a deer.

But riding is what I love and these are the risks we take.

If we are keeping score I politly hope you don't Mind if I prefer not to compete this would be one competition I am almost sure I would not want to win. But u are right the risks are there, but they are not the only risks in life and u cant spend your life siting in a chair.

When you get off that thing about next month, how about some closer pics of the damaged areas? It looks great in those pics.

here are some before and during pics. By the way bongobobny thanks for the parts you donated. Also even though I did not take advantage of the help that many of you offered me I would like to thank u all just the same it was nice to know the help was there if I needed it But then thats what makes Venture riders so great.

Edited by saddlebum

great to hear you got out riding again...it wont take long to get that old feeling of security or confidence back..must have felt great..one year is a long time without a ride..glad you got back up on that horse again..maybe you can catch up by riding faster for the remainder of the season.....lol...any way great news my northern neighbor...:clap2::thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Today I took the scoot for its first good long run since putting it back on the road and although I was a bit nervous when i first hit the highway speacially with all the road construction going on, plus listening to every single sound the bike made or anticipting some sort of setback it wasn't long and me and the old scoot just started feeling like normal again. It is kinda strange how you worry about the new wheel brgs you put in and yet never gave a moments thought to the old ones, with who knows how maney miles on them when you 1st bought the bike. all in all I had a great ride today and anticipate another great ride tomorrow.Maybe head north and check out some fall colours.

Guest maddabber

I really never thought you were normal:stirthepot:

But have a great ride tommorrow and as long as you can as old man winter will be here way to soon :95: and the toys will be put away.

Oh by the way HAPPY THANKGIVING EH.

I really never thought you were normal:stirthepot:

But have a great ride tommorrow and as long as you can as old man winter will be here way to soon :95: and the toys will be put away.

Oh by the way HAPPY THANKGIVING EH.

When I said normal I ment in the venture rider way:bang head: