IGNORED

portable battery operated air pump

potatohead

Guest BluesLover

I would be careful with anything but a hand operated hair pump for the shocks (especially the front, since they are very sensitive and take very little air pressure). I use a Progressive Suspension pump for that.

I have an air pump that I use for the tires, just plug it into the auxiliary outlet on the bike.

Cheers,

I would be careful with anything but a hand operated hair pump for the shocks (especially the front, since they are very sensitive and take very little air pressure). I use a Progressive Suspension pump for that.

I have an air pump that I use for the tires, just plug it into the auxiliary outlet on the bike.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info. where did you purchase your air pump for your tires?

Are you wanting one that plugs into a 12 volt cig lighter or one with it's own battery power?

The 12 volt ones are a dime a dozen at any wal mart, k mart, target, autozone, advanved auto, oreily's auto, pep boys.....blah blah blah....

self powered ones are not as common and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Craftsman, but then you have to carry a charged battery with you all the time.

I personally have a Slime compressor from AutoZone. 20 bux. self-contained, even has a cool little, accurate built gauge and a L.E.D. light fer night time use. I plug it into the 12 volt outlet in the fairing. BTW...I changed out my fuse from a 5 amp to a 10 amp but don't tell anybody. If you do, my bike will spontaneously burst into a fireball.

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00911586000?qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412RV13odQL._SS400_.jpg

Guest BluesLover
where did you purchase your air pump for your tires?
I think I picked it up at the prize table for some golf tournament I attended :confused24:. I just checked it and it doesn't even have a brand name!

Cheers,