IGNORED

Blinker Conversion Kit

yamahamer

I put those on the VStar that I had but have put off doing it to the Venture. How hard was it to get the wire through the rubber grommet on the fender? Also, where did you get the brake light bulb that rotates?:2143:

THE FENDER WAS EASY BUT THE BLINKER STIM WAS A PAIN I JUST TOOK EVERYTHING LOOSE AND PULLED THE BOOT OUT OF THE STIM AND RAN WIRES BEHIND IT TOOK ABOUT 2 HOURS FOR ONE AND 30 MIN. FOR THE OTHER. THE BRAKE BULB IS JUST A SPINNER BULB OF E-BAY UNDER "ROYAL STAR VENTURE" SEARCH..SELLERS NAME IS "YOURTHEBESTBUYER"

I just put those on my wife's Honda Shadow Ace. We both wanted more rear lights on the bike, and these work GREAT! Add running lights, stop lights and don't interfere with the turns. Great idea.

Since I have extra turns and brakes on my tour pack, I haven 't put them on my royale though. Think it lights up pretty good as-is.

I had that rotating bulb on the back of my Maxim 650 years ago when they first came out. All the guys that I rode with complained about it when they were behind me. They said that since it was moving all the time it was hard to differentiate when I was actually braking. They said that if you weren't paying attention you would miss the change. I finally took it out and went with Hyper Lights.

I do like the turn signals though. Wish I could do that on my 1st gen.

• 11 months later...
THE FENDER WAS EASY BUT THE BLINKER STIM WAS A PAIN I JUST TOOK EVERYTHING LOOSE AND PULLED THE BOOT OUT OF THE STIM AND RAN WIRES BEHIND IT TOOK ABOUT 2 HOURS FOR ONE AND 30 MIN. FOR THE OTHER. THE BRAKE BULB IS JUST A SPINNER BULB OF E-BAY UNDER "ROYAL STAR VENTURE" SEARCH..SELLERS NAME IS "YOURTHEBESTBUYER"

I am stuck trying to figure how to get the wires past the bulb socket? How'd ya do that?

(Photos on Flickr)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/3145882138_64f00ca950_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/3145882160_4a92352a7b_m.jpg

Edited by Dave77459

I am stuck trying to figure how to get the wires past the bulb socket? How'd ya do that?

I bought the same kit and had the same problem. I got the wires through, but it was such a squeeze I was afraid it would short out.

I ended up uninstalling it. It's in my junk drawer in the kitchen.