IGNORED

Do you remember the first time you were asked if you get a senior discount?

Venturous Randy

I was about 47 years old and went into a fast food restaurant and when the 16 year old looking girl started to ring us up, she looked up and asked me if I get the senior discount. I said "sure" and the wife looked at me with one of those "what?" looks.:whistling:

I know there are some seniors on here and wondered if they remember their first time being asked this.:detective:

RandyA

I was 38 the first time.

Went into a Ponderosa Steak House for lunch with some coworkers.

Clerk asks to see my drivers license. They do not serve alcohol so I asked why?

She replies with a straight face, "so I can see if you are old enough for the senior discount"!!!

Boy did I get a ration from my coworkers for that.

I was checking in at a hotel, clerk asked if I was a member of aarp or something. That was about 5 years ago at age 45. I went strait up to my room and looked in the mirror and said out loud....REALLY!:confused24:

carl now i have met you and you dont look like your 50 or 45 i figured you to be a couple yrs younger than me and im 44 but i was asked that very question a couple months ago i had to look hard in the mirror i think i need some of that just for men :rotf::rotf::rotf:

didn't even get asked! went out to a new buffet place in town the other night with my sweetie. told the girls 2 adults 2 sweet teas she rang me up, i looked down at the receipt 2 frigging senior with free drink!!!!!!!!! Saving 4 buck each is nice but damn at least ask me

A couple years ago while doing some Christmas shopping, the clerk is ringing in my purchases and then told me he gave me the seniors discount. I said thank you and was happy to save some more $$$$. I was 52 at the time, told my wife when I got home and she had a good laugh about it, I was just happy to save a few more bucks.

Mike.

didn't even get asked! went out to a new buffet place in town the other night with my sweetie. told the girls 2 adults 2 sweet teas she rang me up, i looked down at the receipt 2 frigging senior with free drink!!!!!!!!! Saving 4 buck each is nice but damn at least ask me

Mine was similar:

About 45 years old. Went into the buffet with my wife, who is older. Wife made a bee-line to the restroom.

I told the cashier two adults. She proceeded to ask if it was one senior and one regular. I told the cashier she was lucky my wife wasn't there to hear that as she'd be really pissed.

Cashier said "I meant you sir."

AARP sent me one of those bogus AARP trial membership cards when I was late 30's.

Was at a Capt D's in WV and the senior ahead of me said,,, what about my senior discount. The cashier gave a token apology and gave him 10% back.

So, I said the same thing, joking. She said something cute and I pulled out the card.

She apologized, with a shudder and,,, gave me back 10%.

Guest Donna Shields

Funny how it made us all mad when we weren't actually old enough to qualify and now it makes us mad if we don't get it, lol. I am, however, very flattered when the clerk asks for ID or says, really??

I'm 50. The first time it happened to me was about 5 years ago. Can't remember exactly the details because that event has BY FAR been trumped by an age defining moment that happened last year. My wife and I were shopping in Walmart. We ran into my 70 year old mother and we all strolled together to the cashier. When we got to the checkout, the cashier said she thought my mom was my wife, and my wife was our daughter!!!!! I'm standing there pissed, but my mom was elated, and my wife was elated. When your are mistaken for your mothers husband and your wife's father. That'll make ya go home and look in the mirror. And my wife is 2 years older than me!!! LOL.

I have the same problem as ground-hugger and silvrT. It seems everytime I approached the age for a senior discount, my favorite restaurant would raise the age requirement. I chased it to 55, they changed it to 57. I chased it to 57, the raised it to 60. I chased it to 60, they raised it to 62. By gosh, I finally caught it!!! :happy65: