IGNORED

highway bars for a 98 royal star

I would like to put the cobra fatty highway bars on my 98 royalstar, but they dont make the fattys for it. GD Cobra all to H**L lol!!! anyways does anyone know about how to get them to fit? would the road star ones fit possibly or maybe the roadliner? anybody wanna bend me some up for a fee? lol:fireman:

Easy there, milky. Baron's makes some that fit our bike. You've seen pictures of mine. Would they work for you?

My new Baron bars just arrived today. I'm looking at the instructions and it says to take the acorn nuts off and use the bolts they came off of. Installing them will be a project for this weekend, so I have not yet removed anything. My concern is that once I put the bars on, there will be very few threads showing for the acorn nuts to "grab" on to. :think:

Anyway I'll have to visit my local stealership :bawling:as the socket head bolts for the bottom mounts are not there.

Walter

I don't remember there being a lack of sufficient threads left on the bolts. These bolts don't operate in tension anyway, they operate in shear, so they don't have to hold much. I actually made some very short brackets for the top bolts to set the tops of the bars forward just a little bit. I use vinyl covers on mine in cold weather, and that gives a little more foot room for the shift and brake pedals.

The lower bolts are missing? What was holding the small guard bars on, or were those missing too?

The lower bolts are missing? What was holding the small guard bars on, or were those missing too?

There's nothing ahead of the floorboards. There is a blank threaded hole slightly ahead and below the floorboard mounting bracket.:confused07:

Edited by wes0778
Cannot get picture to show