IGNORED

Retractable motorcycle support wheels

mabeline

Has anyone used or know of anyone that have used the retractable motorcycle support wheels? I've got an uncle who's turning 85 this year and he sayes his Harley Dresser and his 1500 Gold Wing are getting a little heavy in the parking lot:shock3:. He doesn't want a trike or a sidecar. I don't know the pricing on these, but the video looks interesting.

Mabeline

http://www.trikealternative.com/

I used to see a guy at bike nights around here that had the landing gear on a wing.

He was crippled and needed a wheel chair to get around. He would pull in the parking lot, flip the wheels down and park. He'd scoot around untill he could reach his chair on the back, unhook it and slide off the bike into it. I was never around to see how he got back on.:confused24:

If/when the time comes that I can no longer handle the weight of the bike I will strongly consider this option as I'm not a fan of trikes or hacks either. I have to feel the lean of the bike.:thumbsup2:

Yeah I see a guy around here with a set of those. I understand they go up and down when the bike reaches a certain speed. Seems like a good idea if you still want to ride on two wheels at speed.

I ride with a guy who is 81 and he really needs to do something like that.

BOO

• 1 month later...
I have been looking for a source for landing gear for my 2009 Royal Star Venture, but have only found them for Gold Wings and Harleys. Does anyone know where these can be found?

according to their website these are the only two brands that the manufacture for.....